Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Is there a need for Handyman Services?


When people ask why remodeling is growing, the answer is very basic arithmetic. There are now in the United States over 100 million housing units, and of that number 70 million are at least 15 years old. Everyone who knows construction recognizes that houses, if they are structurally sound, tend to last forever, but their integral parts wear out on a predictable basis. Roofs wear out in a 15-20 year cycle, kitchens and baths become outmoded in about that same time frame, major equipment such as hot water heaters and furnaces wear out on a predictable cycle, and every house needs constant upkeep and maintenance. So, as we add one million new units each year at a minimum, and the existing housing stock gets one year older, there has to be an increasing market for remodeling, renovation and maintenance

12 comments:

Peter said...

Gary, great job. Maybe you can assist me in being as creative with my blog? This is something you should pursue, you have done a ton of research. If you would consider opening in a warm climate, I would consider being your helper?

Unknown said...

Hello, Do you do finish work on wood display case? Had a friend start a 10 ' case for me and disappeared in the middle of the project. I am a chef by trade and handier with a knife than a screwdriver.

Anonymous said...

Gary,
Fun site - my basement needs to be finished - maybe you're the guy!
If you work to hard and find yourself getting chafed - you know who to call!
"The Doctor"

Artie said...

Garry,
Thank you for making my blog look like crap. I need help on mine. I also need some help at home. I have these freakin closet doors that keep falling off the g- damn runners. If one more door falls on me at 6 am when I picking out a suit for the day, I am going to flip out. From Hopkington to Lakeville is only about 100 miles. When do you think you can fix my doors.
Great blog.

Joe said...

Looks awesome, Professor Ehnstrom!

Thanks for all your help with my blog also. Maybe you can incorporate a computer business into your Handy Hands company.

Anonymous said...

Do your Handy Men go to Fairfield, PA?

jan said...

Hi Gary!
Thamks for all your help with these computer skills- if the handy man business doesn't work out well you could always teach computer skills!!! But if the business gets serious my house could always use some help.Do you give free estimates????
Jan

Bob said...

Great work on your blog thanks for the help during class when needed!!

Anonymous said...

Love your animated avatar! Nice SITE Gary.Thanks for your technical support with computer issues.

Catherine said...

Hi Gary,
good beginning....we will go over more tricks and tools of BLOGGING in class tomorrow night...
Catherine

Artie said...

Gary,
Your site looks awesome. I think you have a great concept. I will see you in class.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.